The MWE Magdeburger Walzwerk Engineering GmbH was founded on September 20th 2001 to uphold the many years of German tradition maintained by SKET through building plants and plant components for the rolling mill and metallurgical industry.
MWE supplies long-product rolling mills and their components for rolling wire, steel bars and profiles. State-of-the-art technologies are used therefore
- Rolling with high speeds in mono and vario wire rod blocks
- Using state-of-the-art housingless mill stands
- Flying shears with speeds up to 40 m/s
- Garret coilers and winding technologies up to 35 m/s
- High-speed delivery systems for cooling beds
- thermocoil® water-cooling technology for wire rods and small section products
- Using industrial robots for handling the material
- Developing rolling technologies with help of calibration software systems developed by us
MWE is experienced in relocating and revamping old plants as well as reinstalling and modernising them. We develop special solutions based on the individual task given by our clients.
Advanced CAD systems and a consistent quality management according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 pursued in project engineering, design, manufacture, erection and commissioning of equipment are adapted to guarantee that cutting-edge quality requirements are met to our customers’ satisfaction.
Being a medium-sized company with a flat management hierarchy and a customer-related business organisation enables us to respond very quickly to changed requirements and wishes of our clients.