Rolling mills are equipped with shears in various designs for different tasks.
MWE offering shears for every applications as follows:
- Flying shears designed as crank or crank lever shears in rolling mills
- Shears employed in rod production at higher speeds
- Shears which serve to divide the rolled product strand into cooling-bed lengths
- Shears required for cutting rolled product into finished lengths
- as stationary cold shears
- Flying shears in combination with straightening machines used in the process line.
High speed shear for rebars
A shear for small diameter with higher rolling speed up to 40 m/s, but also for bigger diameter with smaller…
Cold shear for sections
The stationary shear for sectional product is an alternative to the use of cold saws or abrasive cut-off machines. The shear featuring a cutting force of 6300 MN can cut sections and solid shapes of large dimensions.
Crank shear with two knife tracks. First track with one knife, second track with three knives per knife carrier. The…
Double crank shears
The double crank shears are using molding knives. These are during the shearing operation arranged perpendicular to the rolling stock….
Crank lever shears
Crank lever shears working as the crank-and-rocker principle of operation. Whilst performing the shearing operation the knives are almost perpendicular…